Friday, June 24, 2011

peace

Ok, its been a while. A lot has happened. A LOT.

Orientation was good. I can only describe it as information overload with a bunch of small talk throughout the weekend. I met some new friends through Anna, my roommate, even a boy on the football team. It will be so much fun to put a face with a number out there on the field. Sessions were boring. It did, however, get me totally jazzed about college and the overwhelming opportunities that lie ahead of me.

I am now "that girl" who dated a boy for a week. So I look like a fool, but at least I know exactly what I want and need. No hard feelings, no doubts, no regrets. I've never felt more sure about something.

There is nothing better than being in the company of old friends. Some things never change, and I found that out at the beach this past week. Its a miracle that I've been friends with Maddie and all of them since elementary school, and we still get together as if we've never been apart. Its going to be a huge blessing to have her by my side these next four years at Clemson. Beach week 2011 was filled with good humor, late nights spent stargazing, and a three story nerf battle after a house-wide viewing of the Bachelorette. Best trip ever.

Still loving that Exodus, and in my reading I've come to the part of the story where God parts the Red Sea for Moses and the Israelites. It looks like all hope is lost. They're trapped between the sea and the soldiers. But then Moses chimes in with some words of encouragement:
"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still." Ex. 14:14
That is still so awesome to me. Once again, God's got our backs. He's going to stick to His word. And sometimes, the best way out is through, literally. So He parted the sea. CRAZY.

No comments:

Post a Comment