Wednesday, June 15, 2011

summer job: day one

I have the best job in the entire world. No really. Playing with kids all day with snack breaks and a trip to the pool. Plus paycheck. Totally awesome. Finley Day Camp is the bomb. It took a while to get in the swing of things but once I knew what I was doing, it was smooth sailing. Today I was a "noonie" and although I didn't go in at noon, I did get to sleep in some. I helped with the Lacrosse clinic to fill in for Grady but lets be real, I could offer no support. All in all, it was a fantastic first day at camp.

I started off the morning with Moses and the 10 plagues, and something struck me kind of odd. After each of the plagues, it read:

"But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart..."
Wait, so each time, the Israelites remained in bondage because God hardened his heart? It seems strange at first glance. But think about it. The first few times, Pharaoh's magicians could do all that Moses and Aaron did. They turned the staff into a snake, the water into blood, and even made frogs appear from dirt. But after that, they were rendered helpless. God was doing things through Moses and Aaron that no one could ever imagine. God hardened Pharaoh's heart to show us His infinite power, so that He would get all the glory. How mind-blowing is that? God does what is ultimately for our good and His fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment