Monday, June 6, 2011

a recent graduate

Its all finally done! Graduation was Friday and I'm still not sad. Maybe thats a bad thing, but I'm taking it as "I'm ready for bigger and better things at Clemson." Now theres 3947539 grad parties to go to. Orientation is in one week and Anna Marie and I are more excited every single day. Mumford is this Wednesday, super pumped.

I finished Genesis this morning, which ends with the deaths of Jacob (Israel) and Joseph. Joseph's attitude towards his brothers really astounds me, and its the kind of attitude I want to have with all people that wrong me. His brothers are freaking out because they think Joseph is angry because of what they had done to him years before, so they tell him that Jacob left a message for him. "Find it in you to forgive your brothers for all that they put you through, they tried to harm you so they will be your slaves." But Joseph has already done that. He had forgiven them for a while now.
"But Joseph said to them, 'Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.'" Genesis 50:19-20
I often don't see that God works out everything for good. I'm praying that God will give me His vision and insight into all of life's curveballs.

It was yesterday at church that God really reinforced this idea to me. Derek was asking us to just be still and listen to what God had to tell us, because we never just get quiet and listen. And all I could hear was "It is well." And it is well indeed, because God is totally looking out for me. I'm loving this peace and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment