Thursday, July 7, 2011

july 6th, 2011

I'm finally getting things back in order after a crazy first few weeks of summer. I've picked up on my quiet time some, ran (6 miles, swag), and caught up with some friends. Anna and I went on a day trip to the beach, where we ran into Phil and Corey. She is truly wonderful, and I can't describe in words how blessed I am to have known her this short amount of time. I know shes going to grow in ways I can't even imagine, and shes really going to make an impact on everyone she meets next year. I spent Independence Day with Rach and Julia at the lake, some much needed R&R. Got together with some friends that evening for fun and food, I've missed that. I caught up with Caleb over dinner and a walk through the park. Lets face it, anything that involves enjoying creation after a delicious meal is right up my alley. I have my first actually huddle this week at work, and my co-counselor Will is beyond amazing. He is so gifted in more ways that I could ever dream of. He's definitely helping me figure this whole camp counselor thing out, and providing more than enough support along the way.

So just finished Exodus, and yet again Moses' faith astounds me. When God tells him to go out and do something, he responds with this:
"Moses said, 'If your presence doesn't take the lead, call this trip off right now. How else will it be known that You are with me in this, with me and Your people?'" Ex. 33:15
Seriously. How many times do I actually think about whether or not I am consciously aware of His guiding Spirit? It should be daily that I ask Him to take the reigns. I shouldn't go anywhere without Him in the forefront of my mind. He's always right beside me, but how often do I walk with Him hand in hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment