Saturday, June 11, 2011

all consuming fire

Its amazing what God speaks when I quiet my soul and open my ears. I love it when He hits me with unexpected revelations.

Being in that strange stepping stone between high school and college, I've encountered some unanticipated challenges. It feels like its some sort of standstill. Not only that, but previous frustrations have set in recently, especially concerning my dad. But get this: Moses got frustrated too. God told him, face to face, that He would deliver His people from Pharaoh's iron hand. All Moses had to do were a few simple tasks. So Moses did what God said. Nothing changed.
"Moses returned to the LORD and said, 'Why, LORD, why have you brought trouble on these people? Is this why you sent me? Ever since I went to Pharaoh to speak in Your name, he has brought trouble on this people, and You have not rescued them at all.'
Then the LORD said to Moses, 'Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh: Because of my mighty hand he will let them go; because of my mighty hand he will drive them out of his country.'" Exodus 5:22-6:1
Holy mackerel. Basically, get ready, because we're about to be a part of an amazing move of God. In our weakness, His glory shines brighter, His power more mighty, and His love more radical than anything we could ever imagine. I want to see that each and every day, and experience it all in fresh ways constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment