Sunday, April 17, 2011

senior prom: round one

I could not have asked for a better group of kids to hang with all night. This year was laid back and fun, everything senior year should be. People may have thought it was lame, but maybe I like lame. Maybe I'm just looking for good clean fun. I had a wonderful night with a great date. Of course there was Walker's speech by which the room was thick with tension. Probably the most awkward and unpleasant 20 minutes of my life. Other than that, it was a night to remember.

God was really looking out for me, even in the little things. Just a few months ago I was so concerned with what I was going to do about prom, whether I would actually go or not, who in the world would ask me, all sorts of things. After a few weeks of trying to orchestrate the "prom date" situation myself, I realized that it was silly to worry about, God's got everything under complete control--even a high school prom. Thats when I gave it all over to Him, and BAM, I got two prom dates. God is good, even on prom night.

No comments:

Post a Comment