Sunday, April 17, 2011

closer

I was talking with a good friend last night about life, love, and God when he said something that really struck a chord:
The closer we get to God the more we realize how far away we truly are.
This has never been more accurate in my life. The seasons in my life when I'm really in tune and one with His Spirit, I'm more aware of my wicked human condition. Its the moments when I realize my pride when God can effectively humble me. When I suspect that I'm doing just fine, I'm in the most dangerous place I could possibly be.

"He must become greater, and I must become less." John 3:30

I ought to constantly remind myself that I am not my own, that I am desperate for help from a perfect heavenly Father. Take me to that secret place and into Your loving arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment