Monday, May 23, 2011

paradigm shift

Where to start? I'm finally finished with high school! That is, until graduation. But its been four long years, both good and bad. I'm so ready for what God's got planned next. Being out of school means poolside reading, lots of morning runs, trips to the Y (for both work and play), late nights and lazy days. Ben and I are already discussing our first trip out to the quarry. I love summertime.

I just finished Steven Furtick's book Sun Stand Still, and it really changed my way of thinking. Its all about asking God for the impossible and its based around the story of Joshua and how he asked God to make the sun stand still so that the Israelites could defeat their enemies. I'm making it a point to pray audaciously and incessantly for what only God can do, so He's getting all the glory in the end. But Furtick makes a good point in saying that we can't just sit back and wait for a change. We have to do our part and take action.
"Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." James 2:17
Its all pretty humbling. Theres a lot that that has required me to act, and I haven't. This summer will be committed to doing, not just saying. Lets go.

No comments:

Post a Comment