Monday, January 20, 2014

in 2014 I will...

1. blog twice a month

2. do p90x (and complete all 90 days)

3. do more crossword puzzles

4. verbalize my love and appreciation for others more often

5. After returning from Haiti this summer, I mostly expected God to talk to me, to find me. I didn't put a whole lot of effort into our friendship. It was hard to go from a place that required total dependence on him in every aspect of my life and come back to the land of plenty surrounded by family and friends and comfort. I expected to keep up my new disciplines but instead fell back into old routines.
"A few days later,...the people heard that [Jesus] had come home. So many gathered that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and He preached the word to them. Some men came, bringing to him a paralytic, carried by the four of them. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof about Jesus and, after digging through it, lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, 'Son, your sins are forgiven.'" Mark 2:1-5
He deserves our best. He deserves to be fought for. He desires to be desired. Thats what makes us so like Him. We want to be fought for, to have someone break down all barriers to be with us. Sometimes it looks like cutting holes in the roof and sometimes it looks like finding a secret place to be with Him. Either way, I'm committing to that in 2014 and each year after.

No comments:

Post a Comment