Saturday, November 30, 2013

comparison and gratitude


So here I am in the Columbus Airport, another holiday spent with family and filled with food. This Thanksgiving was a blast. It makes me long to be home in Rals and these next two weeks will undoubtedly feel like decades.

I think back to last holiday season and where I was one year ago. I was in the height of an eating disorder, overcome by a vicious cycle of starving and bingeing. Not only was I obsessed with food and controlling my weight, but the rest of the country was obsessed with food too. I was in Ohio for three days before I had an anxious emotional breakdown. Not to be dramatic, but I literally told Mom that I never wanted to go back to Columbus.

This year, I was able to eat normally. I didn't need to run everyday to make my calories balance out at the end of the day, nor did I desire to keep track of calories at all. Yes, I did eat pecan pie and chocolate chip cake; no, I did not binge until I was sick nor did I starve myself as punishment. 

The Lord heals, y'all. I'm living proof. I'm grateful for His miracles and I'm grateful for His fires that refine me. A heck of a lot can happen in one year, just ask ED, me, and Jesus.

1 comment: