Wednesday, July 27, 2011

selflessness

So God kind of hit me in a pretty big way over the last week or so.

Long story short, I've been obsessing over two things: 1.) myself and 2.) boys. Neither of which I'm proud of. I knew it was bad when I recognized the issue and didn't really want to change it. I can totally tell its been getting in between me and my greatest Love.

Faithsteps tonight kind of brought that idea of a self-serving vs. servant's mindset full circle, along with some of my own devotion time (one of my few for a while. again, not proud). Tonight Ken brought some awesome insight about the church and fellowship as believers. The early church was so wholly devoted, they would sell all of their belongings just so that they could meet the needs of others. They were immersed in the Word. They were saturated with humble and selfless love. They fellowshipped, followed, and filled themselves with the Spirit. But get this:
"People liked what they saw. Every day their number grew as God added those who were saved." Acts 2:47
When we love the way we were designed and build our relationships with Jesus at the center, people notice. Souls are eternally saved by it through God's divine intervention.

Also Philippians chapter 2 in my study Bible was appropriately titled "Joy in Serving" which I definitely needed, all about following God's directions and putting others first. Pretty rad how He pieces things together right before my eyes. I love that. And Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment